Usage / Safety Tips
In Meetero we have one policy. Each one is free and knows how to be safe. And since our service is intended to be used only by an adult audience, we perfectly trust your decisions and assume that you know what you are doing. Therefore, our staff will never interfere with that free will. Nevertheless, we still have some suggestions you can take into account to make your experience in our platform even safer. To this purpose we have prepared the following safety tips:
- Avoid sharing your personal information with strangers. Don't share your password, your real name, your address, your financial information or any other sensitive data, unless you perfectly know and trust the people you are talking with.
- Don't trust people claiming that they are from our staff. Don't give any personal information to them regarding your account. If you come up with one of these people, please report them to our staff. Our staff never contacts people to ask them for personal information.
- Before meeting someone, try to exchange instant messaging contact first, such as Telegram or Signal, so you will have a chance to better know this person. Meet new people only when you are ready and always in public places. Don't share your personal address with anyone until you don't get confident enough with that person and don't accept take home invitations during your first dates. Don't go in any place with someone unless you are confident enough with this person.
- If you are a man and you get contacted by a nice young girl wanting to know you to have a relationship, don't trust her. It is very unlikely that an attractive girl will contact you before you do and propose you a serious relationship without even knowing you. Real people never do that. If you receive such messages, they are always hoaxes or scams. These people show a false interest in order to obtain money or help later. Open your eyes. These scams are frequent in instant messengers like Telegram, because Telegram allows you to delete a complete conversation on both sides and allows you to delete any evidence, then it's completely anonymous. Although Telegram is the most used application for this, don't trust any. These frauds are technically called romantic scams. Don't trust any and always use common sense.
- Also, don't trust people claiming to be in trouble and asking for financial assistance. Or people who claim to have a large fortune to share and ask you for money to pay for the paperwork. This is another popular fraud. These are almost always hoaxes, and they are common by email. But any medium might be at risk.
If someone contacts you and you supect it is about any type of scam, report it to us immediately. We take this very seriously and we immediately terminate all the accounts that engage to such activities.
In general, all the precautions you may take in real life, may also apply to our platform and to any other. Be on Meetero like you are in real life.